By Alesha Capone
Health authorities have issued a warning after a man, infected with measles, visited Werribee train station and Pacific Werribee last month.
The state’s Chief Health Officer, Dr Brett Sutton, said the man – who is aged in his 30s and from overseas – is being treated and recovering in hospital.
Dr Sutton said the man attended multiple public areas in Melbourne and took the Metro train from Southern Cross station to Werribee station between 10-11am on Sunday, August 25.
He then took the route 170 bus between Werribee station and Pacific Werribee between 11am-noon on the same day.
On Sunday, August 18, between 2-3pm, the man attended Highpoint shopping centre.
Dr Sutton warned that people who may have been infected by the man while he was in the Wyndham area, could develop measles-related symptoms up until Thursday, September 12.
The illness usually begins with common cold symptoms such as runny nose, red eyes and a cough, followed by fever and rash.
The characteristic measles rash usually begins three to seven days after the first symptoms, generally starting on the face and then spreading to the rest of the body.