SUNBURY | MACEDON RANGES
Home » News » Man charged after drive-by shootings in Sunbury

Man charged after drive-by shootings in Sunbury

A 21-year-old Kurunjang man has been charged over two alleged drive-by shootings in Sunbury last month.

Police said the man was charged with two counts of discharging a firearm into a building, two counts of reckless conduct to endanger life, two counts being a prohibited person possessing a firearm and two counts of committing an indictable offence while on bail.

“A vehicle was allegedly driving by a house on Riddell Road before a loud gunshot was heard about 1.15am of Saturday, March 26,” police said.

“Police attended another firearm incident outside a property on Lalor Crescent, where what appeared to be a shotgun was discharged about 2.20am on Monday, 28 March.”

Police said the Fawkner Embona Taskforce detectives arrested two men, aged 21 and 23.

The Kurunjang man was remanded to face Melbourne Magistrates Court today, April 7.

“The 23-year-old Diggers Rest man was released pending further inquiries and investigations are ongoing,” police said.

There were no other injuries during either incident.

Digital Editions


  • The sport of kings in Werribee

    The sport of kings in Werribee

    What many call the sport of kings will be on full display at Werribee Park as the historic Urquhart Cup polo tournament gallops into town…

More News

  • Community Calendar

    Community Calendar

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534644 Montage, Cut and Paste at Kyneton Library During this free event Diane Garrett, an experienced teacher and montage producer, will show how simple…

  • Fifty years of SunFest

    Fifty years of SunFest

    SunFest is celebrating 50 years this March. The beloved festival will take over Sunbury’s streets once again, for a special weekend full of fun, community and Sunbury pride. SunFest started…

  • Residents rally

    Residents rally

    Almost 100 Sunbury residents and members of the No Waste Incinerator Sunbury group descended on Spring Street on Wednesday 18 February to protest a proposed waste-to-energy (WtE) facility mooted for…

  • Malmsbury man charged following crash

    Malmsbury man charged following crash

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 206998 A 28-year-old Malmsbury man has been charged following a collision in Newham. Police said the charges follow a collision between a car and…

  • Riddell’s next generation

    Riddell’s next generation

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 502756 It’ll be the baby Bombers for Riddell in the Riddell District Netball League this season. After three straight grand finals, the Bombers have…

  • Williamstown cold case mystery

    Williamstown cold case mystery

    Thirty-two years ago, 79-year-old Leah Buck was attacked and robbed in Williamstown in broad daylight. The severe injuries she sustained would result in her death the following day. Her attacker…

  • My Place

    My Place

    Georgia Tacey caught up with Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network Landcare facilitator Ammie Jackson to hear about why she loves the Macedon Ranges and the work she does to protect…

  • Concrete dreams come to life

    Concrete dreams come to life

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534267 It’s been a project a decade in the making, but the revamped Romsey Skatepark is finally complete. The Lancefield Romsey Lions Club’s passion…

  • Beds doubled at Malmsbury youth prison

    Beds doubled at Malmsbury youth prison

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 296812 The state government has more than doubled the amount of beds at Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre. Following last year’s announcement of the centre’s…

  • Disappointment for Frigo

    Disappointment for Frigo

    It was disappointment for Melton’s Airleigh Frigo at the Winter Olympics on Wednesday. Making her Olympic debut, Frigo wasn’t able to make it through the qualifying rounds of the women’s…